Contact Emily: 254-220-2028
- Credentials: Licensed Psychologist in the States of Wisconsin and Alabama
- Counseling Philosophy: As a licensed psychologist with over 12 years of clinical experience, including 6 years as an active-duty Army psychologist, I am passionate about helping individuals and families achieve the wellness and wholeness they deserve. The core tenet I have based my clinical practice on is that of cura personalis, meaning, care for the whole person. To achieve this, my clients and I work collaboratively using an integrated approach where we explore all the systems that shape the individual (e.g., families, communities, relationships, trauma, faith traditions, socioeconomic status, and culture). This wholistic approach helps me to navigate the appropriate path forward when intervening and treating their current concerns.
- Counseling Specialties: I offer therapy to individuals, couples, and families across the lifespan including children, adolescents, young adults, adults, and older adults for a wide array of concerns. I treat trauma (combat, military, family, sexual, etc.), anxiety, stress, depression, transition to adulthood, spiritual concerns, relationship concerns and other issues.
- Experience: Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center- Fort Hood, TX.; Desmond Doss Health Clinic- Schofield Barracks, HI; Tripler Army Medical Center- Honolulu, HI; Psychiatric Institute of Washington- Washington DC; Mental Health Resources- Fredericksberg, VA; Basic Army Officer Leadership Course, Fort Sam Houston, TX
- Education: American School of Professional Psychology, Washington DC: PsyD, Clinical Psychology (APA accredited program); APA Accredited Internship: Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI; Residency: Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu HI and Schofield Barracks, HI; Texas A&M Central Texas: M.S. Counseling Psychology; Marquette University: B.A. Journalism & Women’s Studies
- Other interests: Spirituality, spending time with family, staying active, reading, cooking and baking.